When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'39 Schwinn Excelsior Klunker/Clunker NorCal CL

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
And the bikes he typically sells aren't exact replicas of anything.they represent bikes of the era.he uses later stuff on these bikes like shifters, derailleur and rims etc.im sure there are other liberties taken as well.that bike had a deer head derailleur and the same suntour shifters I have.others he sells have later pedals and other stuff that is new but looks the part. The seller called it 70s while it's more correctly a 79 to 82 ish build.granted ,he does build full correct replica builds also.You obviously don't know about the bikes he regularly sells.and why you wanna be prick to me about it? A month later @LarzBahrs ? Regardless of who built it,it's still an overpriced,repainted mishmash of parts and not worth anywhere close to that number.all klunkers are just a mishmash of old kool parts.unless it's an actual bike from back then or one that is built part by date coded part to exactly replicate one,they are only worth the sum of the parts in the real world

I've seen the bike in person at the Marin museum of mtb. It has suntour cyclone derailleurs and suntour power shifter thumb shifters. The bike was period correct for 1979. Sure the price is crazy but the bike is spec'd for what they built during that period.

The CL bike price too rich for me. I pulled out my klunker fat tire flyer book. Here book pic of Alan bond klunker:

And this pic CL bike, looks somewhat similar but has QR seatpost binder, tubular fork, etc:

QR and tubular on other klunkers seen on far end of klunker evolution scale:

Zip ties appear period correct. But duct tape with/without zips probly good too, zoom in on top tubes :

Back