When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chain help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cubfn

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I’m just getting started cleaning up my dad’s 53 dx. I’ve never done extensive cleaning on a bike before. I’ve got the wheels off but I’m wondering if I am supposed to break the chain to take it off to clean it or am I missing the magician’s truck to remove it? I don’t have a chain tool but if I’m supposed to do that, I will get one for it. I just didn’t want to break something that I’ll regret later.

5B42671E-3636-48D7-80B0-9B6CCD36B791.jpeg

E4BE6FC3-87B6-4AAD-8286-9745E2B025D0.jpeg

F563E4A1-72FB-487D-8D57-1516B85BA313.jpeg

Find the master link and use a thin blade screwdriver to release the link. V/r Shawn
I tried looking for it and couldn’t find it. Every link looks the same. It could be operator error too. Wouldn’t be the first time. Haha

Yup, sometimes need to squeeze the master link pins together by tool or hand and the plate will pop off easier.
When reinstalling, some links will indicate which side faces outside (zoom in and example here says Outside)

Back