When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

-
today I removed the 2 speed Kick-back S-7 heavy duty wheel from the Tandem I posted yesterday and put it in my Heavy-Duty Middleweight Lightweight RACER.

the whitewall will be replaced by another Schwinn Westwind ASAP.

Continuing to pick away at my ‘24 Motobike. Mated a set of drop stand ears from the east coast to a drop stand from the west coast… Had to enlarge a couple holes and use some bolts, but that’s ok! This is a custom after all. Also hung the rack in position. Had to remove the bent back lucky 7 seat post as it was too short and the springs hit the rack…

Got shipping confirmation on my wheels, so it looks like Thursday evening is wheel building time! Hoping to ride this weekend over to our local airport where the US Commemorative Air Force is putting on a show.

Started working on a chain guard for this bike, had one with “speed holes” that came off a 30’s Shelby years ago that would have looked sweet… Put it on and quickly remembered why they came out with the dog leg cranks….. Oh well.

Good evening Caber’s!
A friend of mine gave me this 96 Schwinn frame last year and I’ve been slowly piecing it together. My daughter said to do one hot pink?! Lol! The wife found the springer at a garage sale and a free curb side modern Schwinn girls bike donated the rest. Still have the fenders, gaurd and wheels to paint but pleased with the way this cheapie is coming together.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lady Liberty
Took this out of the rafters yesterday … Got a few to do so I’m going into garage now … Most likely get it broke down , cleaned up a bit and get it ready … 🇺🇸👍🏻💯
Happy 4th everyone

259D6241-852E-44D8-BFA6-0775616B8DAD.jpeg

08EF92DB-4599-411E-AC89-9A3146C7ACD0.jpeg

2D1F6194-D505-423B-8E4A-AE5489EA47A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the Autocycle from my pal Bobby U and have been bonding with it all week. A few little bugs to work out I tend to create on my own ( locked up back axle cone after a test ride) and buffed up the speedo cross bar, detailed a few parts. Bob did a stellar job on the resto and it was packed amazing for it's trip from LA to Winnipeg. I'll post more pics later. I'm a luck guy to own this bike! I'll be running cloth covered wires before too long/may run power as well. Thanks Bob!! ( we just talked on the phone)

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

IMG_5724.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5712.JPG

IMG_5745.JPG