When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1900 Iver Johnson "Major Taylor' Tribute Bike (possible build)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Handyman

I live for the CABE
Hello Cabers,
I have a decent 1900 Iver Johnson bike (attached pic) and a second, not so decent 1900 Iver, that I am thinking about turning into a Major Taylor "Tribute" Bike. I have just about all the parts I need EXCEPT the extended racing stem with the round profile as seen in the 2nd attached pic. Does anyone know who the maker of this stem might be and what the chances are of finding one on the Cabe ? Pete in Fitchburg

That’s a nice bike! I sadly don’t know anything about that stem though. However, I would be interested in the remains of the not so decent Iver after the project. Good luck!

That’s a nice bike! I sadly don’t know anything about that stem though. However, I would be interested in the remains of the not so decent Iver after the project. Good luck!
Hi MrMonark13,
I may be using the "not so decent" one for the project. The one I included in the post has fairly decent paint an I may just keep that one as is. Pete in Fitchburg

Hi MrMonark13,
I may be using the "not so decent" one for the project. The one I included in the post has fairly decent paint an I may just keep that one as is. Pete in Fitchburg
Sounds good! I thought you should preserve the one with better paint anyway.

Hello Cabers,
I have a decent 1900 Iver Johnson bike (attached pic) and a second, not so decent 1900 Iver, that I am thinking about turning into a Major Taylor "Tribute" Bike. I have just about all the parts I need EXCEPT the extended racing stem with the round profile as seen in the 2nd attached pic. Does anyone know who the maker of this stem might be and what the chances are of finding one on the Cabe ? Pete in Fitchburg

View attachment 1672591

View attachment 1672592

Pete - can we see more photos of Major Taylor on this year Iver Johnson?

Did his bike have the dart/spears on the tubes like your bike?

Thank you

Pete - can we see more photos of Major Taylor on this year Iver Johnson?

Did his bike have the dart/spears on the tubes like your bike?

Thank you
Hi Bill, I checked my photo files for Major Taylor on a 1900 Iver with somewhat of a side view, but every pic I have is from the front. So, another mystery to uncover. Perhaps another Caber can help. Did his 1900 racer have darts or not?? I checked the 1900 Iver catalog and under "Finish" it says nothing about darts or even pin stripes. The 2nd 1900 frame I have has no darts but does have single pins. I'll post pics soon. Pete in Fitchburg

Back