When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939-1941 CWC Four Gills

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is my rat 4 gill. I bought the frame and some of the original parts from the bike from @szathmarig. I believe the serial number indicates it was built in ‘39. I chose to build it with a swan fork from a lady’s bike instead of the original shockmaster as I prefer rigid forks. The fenders and chain guard are also from a lady’s bike (thanks @Krakatoa).

It rides great and is a credit to the bloke who designed the frame with geometry that defies its age. Its fast too with its 7 speed Nexus hub and high pressure tires. I’m sure its the only 4 gill in Australia.

Last edited:
My early '39 Pilot Supreme D81XXX. This bike has a few early traits that set it apart from others and ultimately made my decision on adding it to my collection.

The apple core badge. Original dual silverray provisions on the swan fork. And the curved "flat" braces with riveted ends. I haven't seen another boys bike equipped such as this. If someone has pictures of a similar bike let me know!

20231015_103752~2.jpg

20231015_103831~3.jpg

20231015_130124~2.jpg

Back