When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

19?? Monark (ID Help)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don’t believe they used fender rockets pre 1950. Not 100% though.
I’ve got an ad from 1949 showing the fender rocket along with the pedestal light. If I can

09D40C44-2530-4B17-843D-91FBD3FBCB31.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! I believe mine to be a 49 after all this recent info. I did find some nice patina under this nightmare of a paint job tho. Still trying to figure out how to remove All the nasty blue paint.
I’m sure I’d have a hard time locating the pedestal light and ornament reasonably to keep this think original as possible.

6BDE0E67-7C28-4348-8A0E-A6FFDEC8546C.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! I believe mine to be a 49 after all this recent info. I did find some nice patina under this nightmare of a paint job tho. Still trying to figure out how to remove All the nasty blue paint.
I’m sure I’d have a hard time locating the pedestal light and ornament reasonably to keep this think original as possible.

View attachment 1675511
My pleasure! That’s a beautiful bike from what I can see, I wouldn’t be mad if you posted more pics, lol!🤣 The Monarks are are a thing of beauty to me.👍👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

I was trying different techniques like goof-off and acetone for getting the blue off. Last thing I used was paint stripper and just left it on for a few minutes before scraping. The decal kept pretty well but I think the original paint was mostly gone before the blue job. Any other suggestions for paint removal? Thx

T
I was trying different techniques like goof-off and acetone for getting the blue off. Last thing I used was paint stripper and just left it on for a few minutes before scraping. The decal kept pretty well but I think the original paint was mostly gone before the blue job. Any other suggestions for paint removal? Thx
Ry using mineral spirits as I have used thisin the past with good results... Good luck...

Back