When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real Bike Co. Philadelphia, PA

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Real Cycle bike

Thank you all for your comments. I liked the bike from the moment i saw it. I loved it for the frame. The paint is original and ive already started to clean a small portion of it and it came out great, painting it would be a sin. So as for the restoration yes. I plan on taking it apart and cleaning it up the front wheel and bars were wrong which is why they were removed. If anybody knows what the stem bars look like i would like to know. Im going to lace up a set of drop center rims that have matching patina to the rest of the bike with the matching ND front hub. The only change I am making is in installing a ND 3 speed to it that ive been saving for a project such as this. I was going to use it on my whizzer build but i decided not to for fear of breaking it. I will however need a few pieces such as a cable with pulley and the shift lever. I haven't been able to find a lever yet. I do have the chain for the shifter. I am also going to try to find a matching tire for the front. This is definitely a bike that deserves to be left in its original form. If anybody can help me out that would be great.

I am also looking for some other parts for my other projects. Mostly G&j rims, G&j 1901 rambler fork and a lobdel champange with red stripe 1" wide racing rim. The rims can be bent and out of true because ive had good luck pulling them back with a technique ive been using. Ill try to get up some pictures of those projects too.

Thank you all and ill keep posting pics once i get further into my resto.
Barnigatbicycles, just wondering if you have gotten anywhere with restoring the Real Cycle bike?

Progress.

I have not made much progress on the bike yet. I just today got out of school for summer break so i will have more time now for my project. I have nicer wheels for it but i still need the new departure triple speed shifter. I hit up copake, had somebody looking for me at trexlertown, and i asked around at the bike show the shop i work at does; but nothing. The other down side to going to shows is i bought more projects. Finally got a colorflow that ive been wanting for forever, and a bunch of other stuff. I did however clean up the frame and its looking great. So many projects so little time. I just finished up a ladies 5 star maybe ill start another post with some pics of my projects. Thank you for asking and ill try to get moving on it.

Resto complete!

I had nothing better to do today so i started working on the real. I figured out that the triple speed wont work without some spacers so i decided to leave it off for now until i get the parts. It rides great and i think it came out "real" nice. Also for the front hub i used a schwinn marked hub because i thought it went well with the bike.
real2.jpg
real3.jpg
real4.jpg
real 1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/linda.w.co...z7HmfqEh_jthW4qRcEwXZedH0Kg6ew&[B]tn[/B]=R]-R
Many year ago I was at an auction in Philly of an old time bicycle co "The Real Bicycle Co."...I bought all the dies and jigs for making balloon tire bicycles...Also a machine for making rubber tires on wagons....Took two trips to get this stuff home....Tried for years to sell the dies & jigs in Hemmings Motor News, Tradin Times and other ad's...This was way before internet sales...Ended up scraping the stuff....Now when I talk to bicycle nuts they are so mad that I didn't keep it all....Wish I did, but it certainly was some very heavy iron....I still remember the auctioneers name, Barry Slosberg from Philly...I was at one of his auctions a couple of years ago and he remembered that bicycle auction....If I took that stuff to Fall Hershey Swap Meet today I could get thousands of $$$ for it all....Hindsight ! LOL

Additional Information On the Real Cycle Co. is that it started out as N.T. Cycle by the founder Nicholas Toconita, as seen on this old Bicycle head badgeView attachment 534785 and later became the Real Cycle Co. as seen on this bicycle Head badge, in the 1960's the head badges were made with a silvered paper and glued on, with the REAL spelled out verticaly with wings to either side, still trying to find a photo of one. View attachment 534786 Here is the building years after the bicycle company closed. View attachment 534787 and this
388949_264796490307939_1971109306_n.jpg
Shame trying to find photos of these bikes is like trying to find hens teeth.
I bought this bike on FB marketplace and I'm getting it restored...it has the vertical badge you mentioned

Screenshot_20220814-131151_Facebook~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220814-133108_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220814-133326_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220814-133337_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Back