When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
pic of seatpost bolt ? mine had a weird bolt in it , no AS stamped on it

View attachment 1738388
What an unusual dx!! Love it! Never seen that style seat post bolt either! So frickin cool! My 46 seat post bolt

image.jpg

Most of the earliest postwar bikes I’ve seen seem to be dx models. Any one else noticed that?
Yup, most of the ones showing up so far are DX models with a few straight bars thrown in for fun. Not one cantiliver frame though. I'm pretty sure some lightweights were made but they stayed pretty much the same as the war time pieces other than the new kickstands and fender braces. No signs of frame changes other than the stand tube and their new post war dropouts what had the rear hole for fender braces where the pre and war time pieces did not have with the early 1940 style dropouts. Schwinn was also working on the new Continental models and I'm presuming those may have had an early pre-post war production before Sept 2nd 1945 and those pieces were dressed much different that the later 1946 models.

Back