When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bass Guitar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ive been seeing some decent ones pop up on marketplace lately. Any particular brand? I’m a Fender Precision player myself.

wish I still had my '59 blonde gold guard slab board p with orig. tweed case.

1960-fender-precision-bass-blond-refi-O5GJPlm.jpg

I might have one a Fender Prodigy I am checking it out today. I use to have a 66 Fender. I do love the Fenders but trying to keep the price down as I see the fenders can be pricey.

The prices on most of the old Fender basses have gone through the roof over the past 10-15 years. They were getting kind of expensive in the '90s and '00s, but since then have gone way up. Frankly, unless you have money to burn, I would stay clear of a high-dollar vintage Fender if you're going to play it much. Many were great playing basses, but the prices aren't justified from a player standpoint.

For a basic "player", I'd look at Reverb for a used Highway One/Highway 1 Fender (they were Made in USA but no frills instruments to keep cost down) or Made/Crafted in Japan Fender (the Japanese Fenders are usually very good). The Standard Made in Mexico Fenders are not bad, but if given a choice between a Fender Mexican P-Bass and a Fender Japanese P-Bass, I'd look to the Japanese first.

Be careful on the newly-made Mexican P-Basses if you want a Rosewood fretboard. I believe they substituted Rosewood out for Pao Ferro on the Mexican Fenders when there was a dust up over rare woods regulations a few years ago. Not everyone cares, but some people are traditional and want the Rosewood.

These old Silvertone (danelectro) basses, the long scale (34") ones, are surprisingly good, have real Brazilian fingerboards too.

img_0341.jpg

Reactions: ian
Back