When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The start of my 1957 AMF Roadmaster Pleasure Liner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Anyone have any idea what years AMF used the Roadmaster “swirly” chainring versus the chainring with stars?

Anyone have any idea what years AMF used the Roadmaster “swirly” chainring versus the chainring with stars?
I assume that you mean like the one on my pleasureliner I have only seen them on 1956 and 1957 and the star ones were on 1960s amf bikes and the early 50s were the circle slots

57s also came with this style

Exactly like on your Pleasure Liner. I’m looking at a AMF Shelby (Roadmaster) Skyliner. It has a cantilever frame (so it is no earlier than 1958) with this “swirly” chainring. It is a base model (no tank). I just saw another 1960 Roadmaster, different model, on a thread in the CABE archives and it has the star chainring. So I am thinking the one I am looking at is either a 1958 or 59; or maybe that’s too simple?

Exactly like on your Pleasure Liner. I’m looking at a AMF Shelby (Roadmaster) Skyliner. It has a cantilever frame (so it is no earlier than 1958) with this “swirly” chainring. It is a base model (no tank). I just saw another 1960 Roadmaster, different model, on a thread in the CABE archives and it has the star chainring. So I am thinking the one I am looking at is either a 1958 or 59; or maybe that’s too simple?
I think AMF was using three different sprocket designs during this period. Three bikes, all from the 1959 catalog:

1959 Roadmaster Catalog page 2.jpg

1959 Roadmaster Catalog Page 7.jpg

1959 Roadmaster Catalog Page 6.jpg

Also Oilit is pretty much the source for all things Shelby /roadmaster Amf

Back