When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The start of my 1957 AMF Roadmaster Pleasure Liner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You know, I hadn't thought about it but you're right, they didn't use that design after the mid-'50's. They must have left it in Cleveland.

I think I like the spiral better I only need two things left for the 53 to find a tail lamp assembly and the plug that goes under the front fork to mount the front fender to. There is just a entry whole unless I'm missing something lol

Oilit… Being that you are the expert, I hope you don’t mind if I reach out in the future with some photos. It is a pretty unremarkable bike that is in good condition for its age…rough but good…It is definitively of interest because we share similar qualities: we are of the same vintage and we are both pretty unremarkable! When I saw it it spoke to me. I went to my LBS to pick up a wheel and when I got there the shop was locked because the proprietor was running errands. Outside was this Skyliner which attracted me due to it being a cantilever frame. When the proprietor returned he told someone had abandoned it some time prior at his back door. My read on that is it belonged to someone’s father/brother and were probably disposing of property in their estate and they didn’t have the heart to throw it away and put it here in hopes that it wouldn’t be trashed. Anyway, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. I was thinking about asking the proprietor if he wanted to sell it. Anyway, let me know. Thanks, Steve

Oilit… Being that you are the expert, I hope you don’t mind if I reach out in the future with some photos. It is a pretty unremarkable bike that is in good condition for its age…rough but good…It is definitively of interest because we share similar qualities: we are of the same vintage and we are both pretty unremarkable! When I saw it it spoke to me. I went to my LBS to pick up a wheel and when I got there the shop was locked because the proprietor was running errands. Outside was this Skyliner which attracted me due to it being a cantilever frame. When the proprietor returned he told someone had abandoned it some time prior at his back door. My read on that is it belonged to someone’s father/brother and were probably disposing of property in their estate and they didn’t have the heart to throw it away and put it here in hopes that it wouldn’t be trashed. Anyway, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. I was thinking about asking the proprietor if he wanted to sell it. Anyway, let me know. Thanks, Steve
Anything I know I'll be glad to share, but the AMF Shelbys just don't seem to have much documentation. Roadmaster catalogs turn up every once in a while, but finding Shelby catalogs is like looking for Sasquatch.

Oilit, I’m grateful for your assistance and your willingness to help. Chiller, the one I am discussing is a Skyrider; sorry, at 65 years of age the brain is a little soft.

Back