When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The start of my 1957 AMF Roadmaster Pleasure Liner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi Razin. How many Skyriders do you have? The one with the “swirl” (Roadmaster) chainring, do you have specific information on that? I’m interested in the year of manufacture.

Hi Razin. How many Skyriders do you have? The one with the “swirl” (Roadmaster) chainring, do you have specific information on that? I’m interested in the year of manufacture.
I have 4 or 5, but most are complete and one is missing a front fender...

Oilit… Being that you are the expert, I hope you don’t mind if I reach out in the future with some photos. It is a pretty unremarkable bike that is in good condition for its age…rough but good…It is definitively of interest because we share similar qualities: we are of the same vintage and we are both pretty unremarkable! When I saw it it spoke to me. I went to my LBS to pick up a wheel and when I got there the shop was locked because the proprietor was running errands. Outside was this Skyliner which attracted me due to it being a cantilever frame. When the proprietor returned he told someone had abandoned it some time prior at his back door. My read on that is it belonged to someone’s father/brother and were probably disposing of property in their estate and they didn’t have the heart to throw it away and put it here in hopes that it wouldn’t be trashed. Anyway, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. I was thinking about asking the proprietor if he wanted to sell it. Anyway, let me know. Thanks, Steve
The stripped down versions are probably more practical as riders. All the tanks, racks, truss rods and other bric-a-brac probably impressed a 14 year old on the sales floor, but when he had to pedal it up hill with one gear, maybe not so much.

The stripped down versions are probably more practical as riders. All the tanks, racks, truss rods and other bric-a-brac probably impressed a 14 year old on the sales floor, but when he had to pedal it up hill with one gear, maybe not so much.
And yet people still ride the phantoms at around 60 plus pounds

Back