When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Italian Head Badge thread

-
Cicli Sole (no info) (odd that "ORIGINAL" is not spelled in Italian: originale)

Last edited:
As I said before, I couldn't access the previous BikeForums link, and still can't.
So, is the postcode relevant?
I'm, unfortunately, still none the wiser; can you put us out of our misery @juvela ?

-----

😟

me cyber savvy be perilously close to nought

a) you could try accessing through internet archive

b) you could try accessing through a search on google-fu

key words in thread title: Lygie head badge

-----

I still find it odd that Lygie spelled their name 2 two different ways. My frame's original decals are Ligie, but badge is Lygie. I have not seen a badge with "Ligie" yet.

Cicli Bergaglio; Chiavari (no info) (circa 1950s? See team info below)

Please excuse the poor photo. I'll try harder!
Edit: new photo! (Old photo deleted)

I found this: S.C. Aurora division II cycling team was shown as having a history from 1951-1953 (Bergaglio Chiavari), 1956 (no sponsor?).

photo credit: Cicli Berlinetta (vintage bike shop in Berlin,Germany)

Last edited:
Sorry for repeats! Not pleased with some of my photos. Working on new photo techniques; I am still used to using a 35mm SLR camera (manual focus, depth of field, etc ).
Here is the Cicli Sole again. Note there is a partial crack on the left side as viewed in the photo.

Gion "Italia"; *? (Est. 80s) (Giovanni Pelizzoli marque made post-Ciöcc [est. 1969; first frames built in 1967] era circa early to mid 80s. *Possibly built in Curno Bergamo; Cicli Pelizzoli present location is Treviolo Bergamo which is only 3Km/2mi from the prior Curno location.)
This is not my bike (owned by a friend and riding partner), but I have tried numerous times to buy it or trade for it without success. Rare frame with exquisite workmanship (I know 2 types of tube sets [Excell (French), and Columbus] were used for different frames, but both still had Gion Italia badging). If you see one for sale grab it! There are only 4 examples of this frame shown online including this particular frame.

Photo credit: HPL (from CABE thread); actual photo is of the seat tube, but head badge design is identical

Chesini; Verona (est. 1925) (update: head badge decal from a Super Special Corsa frame. I stated a red star same as all the star pantographs; but my frame's decal was so deteriorated that I thought the red of the "Chesini" lettering was part of the star. Wrong! The star is gold as seen in the example. Also shown, complete original decal set from Chesini themselves, expensive for what they are: €60 plus shipping, but I need them and it is the only source thus far. My frame is the same pink champagne color as the head tube example; never seen another color yet. Again, these are rare frames! I have been trying to gather panto'd parts for it over 4 years; getting closer every day!)

Photo credit: vintage steel.com

Photo credit: email attachment Chesini sent to me

Photo credit: email attachment Chesini sent to me

Cicli Testi/Umberto Testi; Bologna (est. circa 1934) (my badge is post-mid 1947- very early 50s; Testi first gained World champ status in mid-1947 so no World Champ stripes previously; see badge c.1945. Other 50s and later badges (except one late 50s-early 60s) do not have "IL CICLO" script at bottom, and later badges had World champ stripes go in a more vertical diagonal orientation as opposed to a more horizontal orientation used on the very earliest post 1947 World champ badges; some losing the "U." in front of "TESTI".) (All badges shown after the my first example are credited from the FRAMETELLER website which is not completely accurate in their descriptions; i.e. an original badge labelled 1940s is on a bike with original 1950 or later decals.)

As noted: all following badge photos are credited to FRAMETELLER.it website.

Pre-1947 (stated as c.1945; not sure if this design is the same as when the marque was established in 1934)

All of the following badges are post-mid 1947 (after World Champ win)

Another copy of my example's design (stated as c.1950)

Circa 50s (original decal indicates: "CAMPIONE ITALIANO 1947-1950"; I assume 1951 or later)

Circa very early 50s (mounted on cambio corsa frame; note Universal "Extra"/mod 51 caliper)

Circa 50s (mounted on a condorino frame)

Another version with "IL CICLO" script being used, but much later than the previously shown design, missing "U." in front of "TESTI" (appears to be TESTT?), adhesive mounted plate (probably later 50s- early 60s)

Circa mid-late 60s; missing "U." in front of "testi" (lower case script), adhesive mounted very thin plate (or thick foil?)

Last edited:
Legor Cicli; initially Brescia?; presently Barcelona Spain (est. 2010?) (a little bit of a plug for a modern Italian steel framebuilder who moved his business to Barcelona to increase volume. Mattia Paganotti, originally from Brescia Italy, was inspired by, and mentored by master framebuilders Piero Serena, Gino Lissignoli, Tiziano Zullo, and Dario Pegoretti. Uses Columbus tubes and only does custom frames as far as I know under his own marque, but he also builds contract frames for the Crema Cycles marque. The man deserves to be recoginzed in my opinion. I wish there was more to his badge; custom painted on is a nice touch though!)

View attachment 1757454

View attachment 1757455
Photo credit: Legor Cicli

Last edited:
Back