When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW YOUR RARE/uncommon color schwinn...lets keep it going

-
Not necessarily rare, but definitely an uncommon color choice for the 1942 Schwinn New World, defense model.

Brewster Green with Gold pinstripes.

Goodrich badge.

This super odd paint scheme 1940 DX two tone red with gold pins I've had on the back burner for years since purchased .. Schwinn Planes & Trains with Schwinn decal on the downtube & simple Schwinn decal on the tank with faint box stripes .. Also odd is the Schwinn B model paint scheme & the truss fork along with the odd fender paint design

Well I finally had the time to go through it last week & then rode it at the Sunday Orange Circle ride... Super cool bike now with a fresh service new John tires & tubes .. Service included a long OA bath on the rusted Lobdell scripted dimple rims & a new guts & sprocket on the Morrow rear hub since this bicycle was probably well loved seeing how the rear skip-tooth cog was so worn it looked like little waves ... crazy ...

It was a great day for the maiden voyage & nice to check this one off the "need to resurrect" list ..

Ridden not Hidden - Frank

C60527FB-2B42-46FE-91B1-1E53D93F73B3.jpeg

Last edited:

Love this color combo ... If anyone has a Hollywood in this color they what to pass on to the next caretaker ... PM me ... I was great to see this one in person @ the CYCLONE COASTER Vintage Bicycle ride recently as Marty @cyclingday posted pics of it a few posts back & maybe we'll see Walt bring it out for next months CYCLONE COASTER " Bring a Lady - or - Ride a Lady " Vintage Bicycle ride on Sunday February 5th 2023

Ridden not Hidden

Back