When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL COPIES OF MAJOR TAYLOR AUTOBIOGRAPHY

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tiffany Browne

'Lil Knee Scuffer
HI - I am still/ currently working on a book about Indianapolis bicycle history. The most famous cyclist from Indianapolis is obviously Major Taylor. In trying to track down some new information on Major, I've been trying to collect information from the existing copies of his inscribed autobiography. So far, I have seen a few not inscribed to a specific person, and others inscribed to: W. E. B. Du Bois, Carl Fisher, O. C. Ansley (?), and Harry Hearsey. If anyone knows of and is willing to share the information from other inscribed copies, I would be grateful. Will try to attach the DuBois image from the recent exhibit at the Indiana State Museum.
TAylor to DuBois.jpg

great stuff!! i was at an auction Saturday and was bidding on a Hearsey Special, which i could not afford, of course! i really love digging into Indiana cycling history, good luck to you!

There is a bicycle medal on eBay that the seller claims is Major Taylors from 1895 Jay County Fair. No inscription or anything like that on it but he says it's Taylor's with no actual proof. I can't find anything that I have where he won this 5 mile race. Anyone have some info for Taylor 1895 - he was still an amateur.

Price is $15,000

Back