When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn King Size Registry & Research Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If you possess a rare taller Schwinn King Size (20" seat tube) middleweight cantilever complete or frame and would like to be added to the registry let us know. Only made from 1962-1965 in short production runs, which is already noticeable in the list compiled thus far. A few of us here are obsessed with learning more detailed history on the model, so please add any knowledge to this post as well. I'll do my best to keep the list updated on a regular basis. Looking forward to the knowledge share. Last updated 06/15/2022...

View attachment 1646953

Years and models produced:
King Size American (KSA) 1962-1964 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size American Heavy Duty (KSAHD) 1962-1963 (includes late 61 frame dates for 62 year model)
King Size Heavy Duti (KSHD) 1964-1965 ("King Size" naming not on chain guard)

Note: I have made the registry spreadsheet an image, so you can save it if you'd like. Enjoy!

Here is the info on my King Size American. #B322796 February 11, 1963 Red with chrome fenders.
8EC38359-58D5-4ABF-A022-2EBC732805E5.jpeg

Not easy to find. I love those bikes. Reminds me of my grade school bike rack. They must of had a blow out sale at a Schwinn dealer, because there where 3 or 4 at my school. They weren’t sporty, they where the Olds 88 of the bike world. Solid and purposeful.

Real nice bike @TyphoonTim welcome to the KS club if there is any haha. These bikes do not get the credit they deserve in my opinion, they are one of the most unique cantilevers Schwinn produced. And yes @Olds442 very solid dependable bikes. I had read they were designed because adults were using Schwinn bikes in factories and around manufacturing sites and they tended to be bigger than the usual rider. The few extra inches really changes the feel of the ride.( that's what she said). Good luck and as always post some more pics everyone loves pictures.

When you make a million of anything every year, you find areas that need addressing. So makes sense, make a heavy duty version. At 240 I must say, riding regular frame, they feel somewhat taxed. So after enough Oafs broke the bikes running errands at the factor, it was a smart move. …and I hate that too. Her conscience starts bothering her. So she tells you about the other guy.

Back