When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Murray F5 eliminator

-

fishhippie

On Training Wheels
I have a 1969 Murray F5 eliminator can anyone tell me if this is collectible? It is a need of full restoration missing the seat sissy bar rear fender everything else is there.

IMG_20221003_141736421.jpg

IMG_20221003_142034181.jpg

IMG_20221003_142045795.jpg

Thanks guys! It's pretty rough I'd like to restore why would I or wouldn't I? Opinions welcome! Thanks again!

It’s not as rough as you think. You can search for some before and after here and you will be surprised what a good detailing will do. To restore this bike will likely cost you more than it’s worth. Chrome alone will be $600 or better and no telling what a set of decals will cost-they will have to be custom made. Unless there is a lot of sentimental attachment here there is no upside to a restoration.

Cool bike! Yes as others said, your bike will clean up nicely. It will look much different after a good clean up of the paint and chrome. Original paint bikes generally hold more value to most collectors.
If you decide that you want to complete your bike you could advertise in the “Wanted” section or go to the section here on The Cabe called “SCHWINN STINGRAYS AND OTHER MUSCLE BIKES” and I sure that some of the great folks here will help you find the parts needed to complete your bike.

You should post it in the “Stingray and Muscle Bike” section and simply ask what it is worth and that you are going to advertise for sale.
I can almost bet you will have some people reaching out to you and making some offers

Back