When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see some late 70’s/early 80’s Cruisers and Spitfires

-
Really nice turn around, did you use spray cans or do you have a sprayer? S-2 wheels?
No equipment. First used used an aerosol can of paint stripper on all painted areas. Spray on, wipe off 45 minutes later with with clothe and the paint just wipes off. Hosed everything off then lightly uses 0000 steel wool on the everything. Hung everything up in the garage and used spray can of gray primer. Few days later spay can of Hunter Green ( close to Coach Green ) let it dry a few days. Then wet sanded everything. Not S2's. These are at least 1/4 " wider than S2's and make the 26x2.125's really look big.

Just posted this on another thread but here it is again. Emerald green cruiser. Going to build this up as a bmx cruiser. The bmx cruiser thread has me inspired, especially birdzgarage and his bikes.

Been absent from the forum for a few months but I’ll do my best to get this one going and show you guys the progress.

BC2D36EE-B234-4643-BE41-F084C251F42F.jpeg

2559B70E-B5FB-4F4A-8340-208DD350F143.jpeg

291B57D9-B39D-42A8-82C4-254FBE456B07.jpeg

152F544E-88FE-4FAF-AD4D-DA703F48C481.jpeg

Update on my early ‘80. This one started as a frame, fork and chain guard that I bought about a year ago because it had nice original graphics and decent paint. I put it together with placeholder S2 wheels, a Persons saddle and other parts that I had on hand.

Recently I acquired a set of correct year S2 wheels, some older but really great shape Cheng Shin black wall knobbies and a nice Mesinger saddle. Thanks to @coasterbrakejunkie1969 for supplying a much needed set of brake shoes for the rear hub rebuild-stops on a dime! And @mrg for the ‘80 bars. Still a few more things to do, but made some nice progress this weekend. Thanks for looking!

View attachment 1740735

View attachment 1740736

View attachment 1740737

View attachment 1740738

View attachment 1740739

View attachment 1740784
Bike looks great! I have its twin brother, but with whitewalls.

Anything 1980 and beyond is a Cruiser

Also, considering that is not original paint, and if it has the S-7 wheels, I would say it is possibly a Heavy Duti or a Typhoon.......?

It has 1.80 tires but the wheels are stamped made in china. The hubs are too greasy to see anything.

It has 1.80 tires but the wheels are stamped made in china. The hubs are too greasy to see anything.

The more I look at it, I can see now it is a Cruiser frame.

You have tons of work ahead of you if you plan to restore it to its original condition?

Back