When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Recognize this 1890s Rear-Steer Tandem?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian R.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
It always amuses me when someone is selling a bike that they think was made in the past few decades but is really over 120 years old. Ignore the Schwinn sticker! This frame is a mess, but it was cheap. It has 4 badge holes, with the distance between the center of the vertical holes as 2 5/8". There is a glob of weld metal at the bottom of the rear steering tube where the steering sprocket or rod used to be. This frame has some unique features that I'm hoping will make it easy to identify. It was built mostly with frame lugs but there are a few spots with no lugs - See photo of front sloping down tube with the red arrows. Anyone know what this is? ...or was?

I found this catalogue. Unfortunately it's not that clear but the lady front frame is very similar. There are a few on the Online Bicycle Museum but nothing that gives a good match.

Screenshot_20221225-141717_Chrome.jpg

Back