When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your High Sierra or Sierra - all years welcome

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's a couple photos of my 1988 Schwinn High Sierras, the first one I purchased is the taller frame, which became my Road Bicycle with front & rear Blackburn Luggage Racks, I have panniers for both racks with complete camping set-up. Also the original 1988 Schwinn ATB owners manual.
The second bike was a friend of mines, after riding my bike he went and purchased a 1988 High Sierra that was a smaller frame. He offered it to me a couple years later, as he was moving and needed some cash. This bicycle became my Trail Rider.
Both bicycles have vintage Rock-Ring and Gorilla stem clamp accessories.
Had to take them out for a ride and photos today, as we had decent weather before the snow flies! Enjoy !

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG
Mountain Bike.jpg

1988 Schwinn High Sierra Specifications​

• Frame Material - Fillet brazed chrome moly head tube joints, triple-butted main tubes with ovalized seat tube, Chrome-moly stays forged double eyelet dropouts, cast seat lug.
  • Fork - Chrome-Moly, ovalized fork blades.
  • Derailleurs/Shifters - New SunTour XCD-6000, Accushift.
  • Brakes - Dia-Compe 983E front cantilever, advantage 990 mounted under chainstay with oversized cables, dia-compe 284II mini-power levers.
  • Handlebars - Tampered Aluminum, flat with 16° bend, anodized black, 24" (610mm) Wide.
  • Stem - Schwinn Team Issue, chrome moly, internal cable guide 5 1/8" (130mm) extension, painted to match.
  • Wheels - Weinmann 522X, Concave with lightweight 32H front wheel.
  • Colors - Black Chrome or Bold Yellow - clear coat over decals.

Last edited:
Back