When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Hawthorne ? Unknown model?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Motobike1940

Look Ma, No Hands!
Found this beast in a basement clean out of a townhouse. I know nothing about it. I love to root through basements , attics and barns. It's how I unwind and find bikes. I love old bicycles!

It's got really odd construction. It looks like it should be a tank bike. But it has a third crossbeam in the way. Is this right? HELP

20221229_212022.jpg

20221229_212042.jpg

Outside of "Montgomery Ward Hawthorne", I'm not sure how they named individual models. I found a 1950 ad which mentions "DeLuxe Tank" models, "Special Tank" models, "Standard Tank" models, and "Unequipped" bikes. For the unequipped bikes the mens single speed is listed as "60W 3032F" which I assume is a catalog number. I'm not sure if that's your bike. I havent found any scans of the 1950 Montgomery Ward catalog.

Excellent information. I found some images to compare it to, on this site. It also has its original head badge. However, I found very little written advertising and/or technical data. I really appreciate your knowledge. Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'll start with the things that I am fairly sure of. The frame is correct. Originally red, it still retains the correct pinstriping. The handlebars are right, at least Hawthorne. The crankset is correct, as is the chain guard. However, someone painted over it.

Now, as for the fenders, they definitely have been repainted. They should be red. I haven't had en

Back