When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SCHWINN TANDEM YEAR

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tim elder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Can someone tell me what year this is?

1672602017731.png

I'll guess 1946 - 1953 and lots of original parts are missing including the wheelsets and the captain's bars. The serial numbers are under the stokers crank but they only get you close to the time period unless hand stamped. Unfortunately, some details like paint, decals and a few parts are the only way to date these within a year or two.

I was guessing about the same just wanted to pin it down, available to purchase for an asking price of $300, if $200 buys it I will make the drive. Thanks, Tim

It is missing a lot of the high dollar parts, drum brakes, levers seats and most likely the wheel sets. Those look like S7 rims.

My best guess would be 46 to early 50s. I don't think those drop outs with brace tabs started until 45 or at least appeared in the catalogs in 46. Sprockets would probably define the latest year it could be, but I'm not sure when they stopped being used. Sounds like these Schwinn brazed frame tandems are near impossible to date by serial number, but there should be one under the crank.

Also, I guess it helps if I hit the Post Reply button. Ha
I agree with the back hub not looking correct. Could be S4 rims, correct for that era.

During the years of the T & C production Schwinn would add different options a buyer could choose like a multispeed set up. There was a year or two that Schwinn offered a derailleur set up and I've seen only two examples of those. I have never seen one of these with a coaster brake or any literature for that option until just now, and that's why I thought the wheelsets were changed out. Looks like the coaster brake was available for at least the 1950 model year. Colors also changed from model year to model year. I can't tell in that picture if that's Brewster Green or not, but it does look brighter than Coach Green.

1672633483826.png

Back