When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pair of Black Velocity Blunt 35 29er rims 36h

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If hub is compatible, the 32 hole is less expensive.
I agree that mix-matching 32-holes front, with a 36-hole rear, makes a limited-supply of the 36’s go twice as far.

The more-available 32-holes version is about $120– (with free shipping) on eBay.

We also see an “SS” version about 30mm wide, (perhaps more for skinny-tire racers).

Last edited:
Sorry I never had any cheaper way to get them other than ordering from ModernBike.com. I broke even on a lot of my wheel building sales, not including all the time to actually build them, another reason I got out of selling them. Now your past wheels builds have made you money, a very good investment! Your wives should be proud :)

I actually tried contacting VB themselves and was willing to order like 20 or 30 sets, that was enough to offer me 10% off (which was still more expensive than ModernBike.com).... :)

Back