When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next project Firestone

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Danny Anson

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm thinking Red.

20230107_135557.jpg

20230107_135643.jpg

I'm thinking Red.
I love it the way it is!
Aahh, the eternal conundrum rises again. In this case, since there is quite a lot of original paint, pin striping, and decals intact, I have to agree with Dr. Fordmike. Of course, there is no right answer. But I am reminded of the quote from the famous boat designer Nathanael Herreshoff: "There are only two colors to paint a boat, black or white, and only a fool would paint a boat black.” For this bike, only a fool would paint over the original stuff. If you're itching to paint something (which I can certainly identify with) find a bike with little or no paint that can be saved. In any case, have fun!

Our replies crossed in the ether. I see now that we are addressing a business decision, not an aesthetic decision. A very different kettle of fish.
I have this orange Hiawatha or one of the two Monarchs. Which way would you go?

20230107_144616.jpg

20230107_144637.jpg

Aahh, the eternal conundrum rises again. In this case, since there is quite a lot of original paint, pin striping, and decals intact, I have to agree with Dr. Fordmike. Of course, there is no right answer. But I am reminded of the quote from the famous boat designer Nathanael Herreshoff: "There are only two colors to paint a boat, black or white, and only a fool would paint a boat black.” For this bike, only a fool would paint over the original stuff. If you're itching to paint something (which I can certainly identify with) find a bike with little or no paint that can be saved. In any case, have fun!
This one? Light Blue with pearl?

20230107_150224.jpg

Back