When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ROBIN HOOD

-

tomtr6

Look Ma, No Hands!
Anyone know if these Robin Hood bikes are a good buy at $75?

298341920_7873640732708475_2676512033602828102_n.jpg

The Robin Hood is a budget version of the Raleigh Sports. Look the bike over for obvious damage like dented tubes, twisted rims, bent forks, etc. If it's generally clean, yes, then $75 is not a bad buy. It's a tall frame model that will fit most adult male riders pretty well. Keep in mind the bike is a rider and not especially valuable or collectible.

Thanks! I think the name ROBIN HOOD is pretty cool and its from Nottingham England! ...whats not to like! I will check it out. Seat is not original but the rest appears all there. Can the age be found from the serial number like on Schwinns?

Seat and rear rack are not original. The rest looks OK though the picture is not very detailed.

Thanks! I think the name ROBIN HOOD is pretty cool and its from Nottingham England! ...whats not to like! I will check it out. Seat is not original but the rest appears all there. Can the age be found from the serial number like on Schwinns?
Serial numbers for Raleigh products aren't as well documented as Schwinn. There should be a date stamped in the rear hub, like "65 5" for May 1965. Most people go by that as long as the hub is original. The bike looks '60's at a glance.

Serial numbers for Raleigh products aren't as well documented as Schwinn. There should be a date stamped in the rear hub, like "65 5" for May 1965. Most people go by that as long as the hub is original. The bike looks '60's at a glance.
Thanks!!!

Yeah, and that rack is also pretty ugly. If you want a rack, find an older Pletscher (see pic).

I had a similar Robin Hood. An English friend saw it and said "My dad had one like that and rode it to work every day!" So I gave it to him.

View attachment 1767812
Yes - a black Prestube/Midlands/Raleigh would get close to an original type look, and the Pletscher would be a good choice as a "period add-on" type look. Any of those would do nicely on the bike.

agreed that rack is ugh. I dont have the bike yet. It is local, picking it up next week. Chrome looks pretty good but photos are too low res to really see detail. The name alone makes it more collectible (than a Raleigh) in my opinion.

Back