When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jungleterry

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hello my friend has decided to seel a couple of his very rare tricycles . This one you never see . So rare and a great example of a true survivor. Can deliver to butler show or Monroe in the spring . Thanks for your interest . Terry and Tammy
C9FCE1E3-CDF4-4D90-B673-B490393779BC.jpeg
E06384FF-4705-4971-9A93-5068F4631B11.jpeg
10A44212-8FE8-4241-B425-602EBDF19CC0.jpeg

Could the tricycles not be different?
That’s a Hubley toy, but you might be right. Maybe the company cheap out and stop making them out of aluminum and changed the base and attachment?

If there’s literature proving it’s different I’d be a buyer. I’m just going based on all the information here on the cabe. Also wondering why the badge does not have screws or rivets? Do the holes line up to the badge?

21A913C4-2B8F-4A63-8A91-AC477DEF39B9.jpeg

Growing up with an antique dealer family about 20 miles from the Hubley plant we saw and owned several cast iron Lindy fender ornaments. It may be possible Shelby had the exclusive on the aluminum version? The tricycles were made by a completely different company (Hall); did they buy the iron versions from Hubley? Back then remember seeing a Hubley catalog that offered the cast iron Lindy planes as toys or fender ornaments that retailers could directly purchase from them.

Last edited:
Does the badge say Hall or Shelby? It is so blury it is hard to read. If it says Shelby it is not the correct badge. These tricycles were built by Hall. Reference example in post number 25 on this thread:

Back