When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spoke size

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hellatallpaul

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm trying to lace a Sturmey Archer 3 speed to a Schwinn S2 hoop, with a 3 cross pattern. Is there a standard spoke size for this? All I can find is info for an S7, but my S2 sizes up smaller next to my S7. Please help.

I bought 10-3/8 and even those are way too long. 10-5/8 is fine for an S7, but like I said, my S2 sizes up smaller compared to my S7. I guess nobody knows. I'll just play trial and error for the rest of my life. No help here. I wish I was smart.

I have Shimano Nexus 3-speed sg-3c41 on 26" unknown aluminum rim (bsd 559) 3 cross. Spokes are 10" both sides. Not sure if nexus flange and my rim profile difference vs your setup?
20230118_200605.jpg

I'm trying to lace a Sturmey Archer 3 speed to a Schwinn S2 hoop, with a 3 cross pattern. Is there a standard spoke size for this? All I can find is info for an S7, but my S2 sizes up smaller next to my S7. Please help.

I just measured mine, and it looks like they are 10-1/4 or possibly 10-3/8?

my1980cruiser.JPG

There are a number of spoke length calculators on line. You plug in dimensions of rim and hub, number of spokes, and lacing pattern. Bingo: it spits out spoke length.

After buying the 10 3/8 and finding them to be too long, I returned them and got some 10" and they are a bit to short. So now I'm gonna say 10 1/8 to 10 1/4 will be the correct length. Thanks

There are a number of spoke length calculators on line. You plug in dimensions of rim and hub, number of spokes, and lacing pattern. Bingo: it spits out spoke length.
I tried this method and found it to be very difficult to find the specs I needed. These are old parts, with no manual. I'm just a hack, trying to make it happen.

This is a chart I have doing a single spoke replacement. They say the spoke is a little shorter for easier replacement so I'm guessing 10 1/8 might be the size you need. S2 with 2 speed noted as 10 1/16.

1676010256323.png

Back