When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

City stamp mark? Any one else have or verified this?

-

Porkchop & Applesauce

I live for the CABE
Good morning Caber’s!
I picked up this 1937 Snyder bike and was posting about it to find out about it. I posted a photo of the vin number and under the vin number the license number was also stamped but next to the license number a symbol was stamped as well. A fellow Caber said that it’s possibly a symbol for the city that issued the license plate? Does anyone else have any information or city stamped symbol? My bike has the matching license plate from San Marino and here are some photos of what I am talking about. The last symbol is what I’m asking about. The last two photos are upside down🤣

8A404C7F-0CC3-489D-9278-4E63AD7962B2.jpeg

AF9E69C8-BAA2-4AF4-A46A-0729D380315A.png

9B5503D6-C340-42F2-A1C6-C97541B5B287.png

Yup. I grew up in Livermore and remember getting a little atomic nucleus symbol stamped on the underside of the bottom bracket when I got my bike licensed.
Livermore, being an eclectic mix of people, has always been known for it's ranchers, vineyards, and atomic research facilities.
I’m going to have to start looking for a bike with the nucleus symbol! Pretty excited to know about this little detail that was added when they were licensed! Seems like a smart idea to know what town they were registered in if the license plate/sticker was removed the police would still be able to find the owner. There must be a master list with all the symbols and associated city’s then?

I’m in Pleasanton California and to this day I’ve not seen the Livermore metal license plate. Do you know what year they were issued and do you have a photo of one and regarding the symbol that stamped representing the city? I’m gonna be Doing some research so if anybody has any information, if you would send it to me that be great

I have bicycle registration numbers on three of my bikes, 2 from Cali, and one from the north east.

All three have the number stamped in the bottom bracket.

Back