When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...1/22/23

-
Still train season over here. I've been waiting for this for about 2 weeks and got a notification that ups failed to deliver because it need to be signed for. Ended up coaxing my gf into playing hunt down the ups man. Although she thought I was a bit nuts she had fun and I got my packages.
IMG_20230121_162716989.jpg

IMG_20230122_143843221.jpg

IMG_20230122_144559859.jpg

I recently added another 15' x 36' bay to the other two I already rent. After a week of toil brushing down an inch and a half of dust from the ceiling stringers & utility pipes, cleaning and stripping the floor, and finally painting it with Sherwin-Williams Rexthane I can finally rest!

IMG_20230122_151946025_HDR.jpg

you keep posting pictures of those little outboard motors that you find every week and it made me curious when I saw the little wires...... are they functional?
were they salesman samples?
they are pretty cool, never ever seen one outside of your posts 👌
If anyone wants to learn a bit more they could Google "K&O toy model outboard boat motor Fleet Line" and several things will show up or do a search on Ebay. They were sold at hobby stores or boat/motor dealers, some catalog back in the 1950's-60's until they went plastic. Yes they do work by battery and propel a model boat. This is neat too.

It's been a while since I've picked up anything locally, I actually found it on CL. The fenders and seat are what drew me to it, I haven't checked the serial number and there's no badge. Thanks for doing this every Sunday JD, I really enjoy seeing what everyone picks up.

Thank you,
Sean

20230120_150207.jpg

20230120_150325.jpg

Back