When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Autocycle?

-

Plopinto

Look Ma, No Hands!
It’s pretty freaking orange!! Got the tank and fenders installed yesterday and installed a white glitter seat. Still not in love with the seat. Definitely could use some chrome. Lots of orange. Hahaha. Still unsure if it’s an Autocycle or not though. Need to do some better research.

80059682-A037-4A6F-BAAB-5D0AAFC27D8E.jpeg

6F3A5F59-EFF7-4F88-ADA4-F912CA69BE17.jpeg

Thanks for the info. As far as paint goes I was going for the cream cycle look/feeling. There’s also orange Pearl on top of everything but doesn’t show up in the pictures. I was doing an adaptation of original paint, kinda. First time trying anything like it and possibly the last as it was a pain in the arse!!

It’s pretty freaking orange!! Got the tank and fenders installed yesterday and installed a white glitter seat. Still not in love with the seat. Definitely could use some chrome. Lots of orange. Hahaha. Still unsure if it’s an Autocycle or not though. Need to do some better research.

View attachment 1772970

View attachment 1772971
Does my eye spy a campus green fastback guard on the shelf above the yellow stingray? Or is that another fastback?
Just took a better look at your avatar, answered my own question 😂

Last edited:
You are correct on the chain guard and it’s for sale. As far as the yellow bike goes it is also a fast back. 1973.
Very cool, looking for complete bikes at this time.
Post it up in the parts section, it'll sell quickly!
Very cool 73 fb by the way!
Welcome to the CABE fellow Arizonian 😎👍

Hi!
Really hard to say if it was an auto cycle without the original paint. You definitely headed down the custom road with the paint! I do like that! Custom colors with original style paint graphics. I think a set of black wall tires might set that bike off and give it a bit more contrast! Maybe two tone the gaurd as well!? Great looking custom 48! Can’t wait to see where it goes next! Did this 95 that was bare metal when I got it for my daughter last year. She wanted me to do a hot pink bike for her!? Wtf? Lmao! My favorite’s are the patina bikes so a challenge for me on that request! Here’s what I did for her.

B082C966-B24B-4EAE-9401-B68B61FCC623.jpeg

Some fellow Cabers are putting together a ride out here. Check it out!
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/phoenix-az-ride-sunday-march
Hi!
Really hard to say if it was an auto cycle without the original paint. You definitely headed down the custom road with the paint! I do like that! Custom colors with original style paint graphics. I think a set of black wall tires might set that bike off and give it a bit more contrast! Maybe two tone the gaurd as well!? Great looking custom 48! Can’t wait to see where it goes next! Did this 95 that was bare metal when I got it for my daughter last year. She wanted me to do a hot pink bike for her!? Wtf? Lmao! My favorite’s are the patina bikes so a challenge for me on that request! Here’s what I did for her.

View attachment 1773043
thats pretty cool, appreciate your comments about my paint. I have a lot of hours in it. Laid out the graphics 3 times and have more layers of black paint on their than I’d care to mention. Hahaha. You really think black tires? It definitely needs something because that’s a lot of orange. I was thinking about more or better chrome because I did nothing with that.
-5th.220119/
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like fun.

Back