When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any ideas what this might be ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rob Briertron

On Training Wheels
20230120_144646.jpg

20230120_144700.jpg

20230120_144731.jpg

20230120_144937.jpg
 i

Any idea what this might be ? You can faintly see 'Three Star *** Deluxe' painted on the frame but it has a Racycle head badge on it....

It means that a Westfield sprocket, (the front chain gear), was swapped for one made by Cleveland Welding Co., who made AMF/CWC bicycles.

The sprocket pattern is often used to help identify an unknown bike, when other distinguishing features are absent.

Last edited:
By the 1950’s or so, Westfield and others may have commonly used 1/2”-pitch roller chain and sprockets. If one swapped out a rear wheel together with an older 1”-pitch sprocket, then the chain and front sprocket would also have to be changed, (and likely with whatever was already on-hand).

Parts being changed in ~70 years is fairly common.

Last edited:
I wouldn't spend a lot of time, effort, or money on this bike. While some here would go to great lengths to save just about anything this one qualifies as yard art in my book. Unless this has sentimental value there is no upside on any money spent. If you just want to learn how to tinker with old bikes I would seek a better candidate to start with unless you want to test your mad metal working skills. Jus my 2c.

Back