When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Toy Trucks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kunzog

I live for the CABE
A good friend just gifted me this Schwinn Toy Truck set. He bought several at Walmart last week.

DSC_0154 copy.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread, but the photo of that box truck toy reminded me of the trucks that were used at the Chicago factory. They had a two Storey building and the completed frames were done on the second floor and needed to be transferred to the other building to complete the assembly and shipping stage. One building was on Kostner Ave, and the other was on Kildare Ave as my old mind remembers. They had a box truck (maybe two?) that had a scissors lift under the box that lifted the box up to the second floor, then they loaded the frames into the truck out of a "second floor" door and lowered them with the truck. This box truck was like they use at the airport to service airplanes.

I wonder how many of the Schwinn's we consider collectable today traveled in the real version of your toy truck?

John

I just picked up a few of these...........

View attachment 1778008
So...........I'm a car guy.............and.............also bicycle guy, but what the heck does a 57 Chevy have to do with any Schwinn? It's not even the correct Violet Schwinn color. IMO, that's just the current owner Pacific Cycle exploiting the old Schwinn Brand. Milking $$$$$.

The only bicycle dealership I ever remember visiting having a shop vehicle painted was Doug Watson's GREEN'S CYCLERY in Fresno, CA. He had a '29 Ford panel delivery painted green (naturally) and was letter in gold leaf with the store name.

John

So...........I'm a car guy.............and.............also bicycle guy, but what the heck does a 57 Chevy have to do with any Schwinn? It's not even the correct Violet Schwinn color. IMO, that's just the current owner Pacific Cycle exploiting the old Schwinn Brand. Milking $$$$$.

The only bicycle dealership I ever remember visiting having a shop vehicle painted was Doug Watson's GREEN'S CYCLERY in Fresno, CA. He had a '29 Ford panel delivery painted green (naturally) and was letter in gold leaf with the store name.

John

YEP, it's all about marketing in our capitalist society............!

And we have 1966 Corvettes pending release also.

31500-HS37.jpg

LOL....You already know what my view of this will be.

For years my son and I drove a "Pre-March" 1955 Deluxe "Barn Door" Split Window bus. So, I like VW Buses. I just don't think you can take two icon items and marry them together with a good result. It's like putting sliced tomatoes on your morning grapefruit. The Schwinn name plate on the Nose of a VW Bus would never sell at Barrett Jackson.

Keep'em coming, I'm strong enough to take it.

John

LOL....You already know what my view of this will be.

For years my son and I drove a "Pre-March" 1955 Deluxe "Barn Door" Split Window bus. So, I like VW Buses. I just don't think you can take two icon items and marry them together with a good result. It's like putting sliced tomatoes on your morning grapefruit. The Schwinn name plate on the Nose of a VW Bus would never sell at Barrett Jackson.

Keep'em coming, I'm strong enough to take it.

John

I have actually thought about getting some similar graphics done for my white Chevy 1500 WT

JLSP311.jpg

John

Right, they could atleast use a Corvette "StingRay" !

But alas, I'm still looking for the first release, the ford econoline.

Back