When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle manufacturers that also manufacture firearms.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
TOC Mossberg warning bell...

20191014_162511.jpg

20191014_162743.jpg

20190715_153629.jpg

did any bike companies make guns for WWII? they must have been doing something, since bikes were limited production for those years.
I don't believe so, however these companies all manufactured Springfield M1 carbines. Aside from Winchester, none of them were firearm manufacturers prior to this.

General Motors, Winchester, Irwin-Pedersen, Underwood Elliot Fisher, National Postal Meter, Quality Hardware Manufacturing Corp., International Business Machines, Standard Products, Rock-Ola Manufacturing Corporation, Commercial Controls Corporation.

So the Ames Manufacturing Company of Chicopee MA was famous for their swords, but they also manufactured pre-Civil War sidearms and light artillery. They did a lot of the early manufacturing for the Overman Wheel Company and in the mid 1890s produced their own brand of bicycle. Here’s mine, serial number 681…

D2562C56-D77B-44B9-8784-8BAEB8541BFB.jpeg

5AE274F6-7F36-4C6E-9A8B-EE36BDE84F79.jpeg

Hi All,

Beaten to the BSA.

How about Manufrance?

Full title Manufacture Français d'Armes et Cycles (a bit of a give away). (-:

manufrance-1.jpg

The 'polishing shop', early 20th Century.

More history here, for those that don't read French, scroll down for the pictures...

A+, Adrian

PS, just because it's amazing, this is only one of the 'Offices' of Manufrance...
manufrance.jpg

It gives me an Indiana Jones Warehouse vibe...

Back