When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Debutante...I'm a Glutton for Punishment...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, I'm usually on the lookout for my next project. And this is what a found. A ton of work!! Though the Cadet speedometer shows such low mileage, your can see that this bike was left to the elements for quite some time. It is all original, though...😝

I was attracted to it because of the rear rack with the four reflectors, along with the dual headlights (photos always make things look better on-line!). Obviously not by much of anything else. But, the bike was pretty close to my daughter (45 minutes away), so I figured it was at least worth a look after agreeing to a price.
When I got there, it was much worse than I had thought. Turns out the bike was found in a "barn" upstate along with a few other things he purchased. Super nice guy, and after going over some of the details that were poor, he agreed to a lower price. We were both happy.

So, along with a banged up front rack (I might be able to straighten out), dented tank missing the horn, and rusted out lights I'll have some work to do to get it halfway decent. Only the paint bothers me, as I know I can do well with the rust. Should the bike not look as I had hoped when done, then a parts bike it will be!

I haven't had a rear rack like that in a while anyway, so that alone was worth the purchase. 🙂

View attachment 1734114

View attachment 1734115

View attachment 1734116

View attachment 1734117

View attachment 1734118

View attachment 1734120

View attachment 1734121

View attachment 1734122

View attachment 1734123

View attachment 1734124

View attachment 1734125

View attachment 1734126

View attachment 1734127

View attachment 1734128
wall hanger

This is as far as I'll go, I guess. 🙂

So now I have to decide to sell her as is, or dismantle her for the great parts that could be used for future projects (boys bikes). It's a quandary for sure, but my gut tells me leave her alone for someone to enjoy as is (which I much prefer to do) and put on new tires and tubes and ride off into the sunset.

If anyone is interested in buying as a complete bike, please make me an offer. But it needs to be picked up here on Long Island. (I won't part it out).

IMG_2807.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2811.jpeg

Just listed it on Facebook.
Bikes I list here never seem to sell because no one wants to come and pick them up.
Here are a couple of photos ...

IMG_2985.jpeg

IMG_2986.jpeg

IMG_2990.jpeg

IMG_2994.jpeg

IMG_2995.jpeg

Back