When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with CWC Head Badge

-

Mike66

Look Ma, No Hands!
I’m picking this ‘47 CWC up tomorrow and am looking for the correct head badge. Hawthorne has been suggested and is likely, but I’m flummoxed by the prominent rounded and protruding tabs at the top and bottom.

Any thoughts or suggestions on where I might look for a badge of that shape?

Thanks,
Mike

07009F81-558D-40A7-9E93-A8B1A7B57C51.jpeg

7ADA725C-4502-4BDC-82F3-4569C1B52E77.jpeg

A574B57A-926F-4729-9261-90455EB78592.jpeg

3D30C4C0-47CB-4130-98E3-2C9817307579.jpeg

Why would someone ask for help in finding a badge and then not even respond when presented with the opportunity to purchase one?

Why would someone ask for help in finding a badge and then not even respond when presented with the opportunity to purchase one?
Gordon,
I'm so sorry!! I was going to buy the bike with the missing badge the next day and then when looking for a badge online, I found two other bikes that were a better deal (last night) and bought them instead of the bike missing the badge. I have a new post asking for help with those. I know the person selling the bike with the missing badge. I think he's a member here. I will mention that the badge is available and thank you very much for the offer and the help figuring out the puzzle from the missing pieces! This resource and the people like yourself with these obscure parts are really great for us newbies just getting things figured out.

Sincerely,
Mike

IMG_E0260.JPG

Has a Hawthorn sprocket also, Funny that badge pictured just showed up here on a 47with a B ser#.
From what I've seen over the years, the lower end '47 models used the older badge, and deluxe models used the new aluminum badge used through '49.

Back