When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help on value of parts

-

Davomoto

'Lil Knee Scuffer
The plating shop by me in Marin buckled one set of these bars, the others are too pitted for him to do. A local collector / restorer, probably shouldn’t mention his name, never picked the parts up. He has Harley, Indian, zipper bicycles. It’s been well over a year and several phone calls, last one a week ago, left voicemail messages, no response. Im wondering if anyone knows of whom I’m speaking, the best way to handle this. Im pretty new here don’t want to offend anyone or do things improperly. He wants to get the parts back to the owner and get paid for the work he’s done. Barring that they will be for sale, I have no idea if the value.

Thanks in advance, Dave

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had a plater save this so I'm not sure why those couldn't be plated.

View attachment 1775206

View attachment 1775207
Some plating companies/businesses don’t do Acid copper (AKA copper filling) pits like seen in the handlebars and your crank would be tremendously obvious had it not been for acid copper, and filing to make perfect. After a part has been acid coppered it can have the regular copper plating on top, then the Nickel, then the Chrome, and the pits will never be seen again.

Back