When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chilly proposition

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Has anyone ever tried using a controlled freeze to push dents out of tubing?
I can only imagine it would cause a split in 99 percent of scenarios. The chances that the water freezes in such a way to push squarely on the backside of a dent, and not swell in the entire diameter enough to split it out would be very rare I would think. Just my 2 cents though. It could work but I’d definitely try on a cheap junk frame before the valuable stuff🤷‍♂️

Maybe plug one end and give the ice area to expand. It should freeze fairly uniform incased in cold metal. I may get some thin wall tubing from a junk frame and experiment this weekend.

Maybe plug one end and give the ice area to expand. It should freeze fairly uniform incased in cold metal. I may get some thin wall tubing from a junk frame and experiment this weekend.
The problem I feel is that it would freeze too uniform and push the same amount of pressure all the way around the tube, rather than just on the dent where it’s needed causing it to split. Maybe I’m just chicken🤷‍♂️😂

Pics of the damaged part

20230127_000719.jpg

20230127_000723.jpg

20230127_000726.jpg

20230127_000732.jpg

20230127_000737.jpg

20230127_000716.jpg

Back