When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Hawthorne Men's Tank and Chainguard Needed

-

Mike66

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked up this new project yesterday and have discovered that the tank is incorrect. It's clear this one is meant for a different frame style and was cobbled/glued on. I'm not very knowledgeable yet on the bike so any help sourcing the correct tank and chainguard would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also not 100% on the use of this forum so if there is any correction or advice on the right way to ask or look please let me know. I have spent some time on the ebay site and don't see what I need there, but then I may not be looking in the right corners.

The tank in the pictures is available for sale or trade if anyone knows what it should be on and has a need.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

IMG_5802.JPG

IMG_5803.JPG

IMG_5804.JPG

IMG_5847.JPG

IMG_5813.JPG

Not sure what that tank is off of or if it has been modified but the rest of your bike is a Snyder built, you may get more info posting in General discussion first.

I picked up this new project yesterday and have discovered that the tank is incorrect. It's clear this one is meant for a different frame style and was cobbled/glued on. I'm not very knowledgeable yet on the bike so any help sourcing the correct tank and chainguard would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also not 100% on the use of this forum so if there is any correction or advice on the right way to ask or look please let me know. I have spent some time on the ebay site and don't see what I need there, but then I may not be looking in the right corners.

The tank in the pictures is available for sale or trade if anyone knows what it should be on and has a need.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

View attachment 1775972

View attachment 1775973

View attachment 1775974

View attachment 1775975

View attachment 1775977
I have a bike with a 3 gill tank

Back