When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Corvette Find

-
Merry Christmas to you all. And thanks to all those who shared their wisdom and knowledge as I undertook this wonderful new hobby this year.

880C077D-E8DC-443E-99A7-F8DFBDCB7B33.jpeg

I recently started having trouble with my S-A hub popping out of gear periodically, is there a simple remedy for this (I hope)?

They are supposed to be oiled every 30 days, are they not? The hub that is on the little oiler port that is there with just a couple of drops of 3 in 1 oil.

They are supposed to be oiled every 30 days, are they not? The hub that is on the little oiler port that is there with just a couple of drops of 3 in 1 oil.
I’ve been pretty diligent about keeping it oiled; maybe not every thirty days, but I don’t ride it that often, either.

I recently started having trouble with my S-A hub popping out of gear periodically, is there a simple remedy for this (I hope)?
It could be an adjustment with the cable into hub. It may shift and ride and not be correctly adjusted.When correct you should be able to shift into all 3 gears and also be able to find a freewheel neutral point between 2 and 3 is my understanding.

Last edited:
A year ago yesterday I dragged this battered hulk home, my first foray into the world of Vintage Cycling. Had no idea what I was getting myself into, I knew next to nothing about classic and antique bikes.

thumbnail_IMG_5382.jpg

But thanks to so many of you here (a special tip o' the hat to @GTs58 for his patient mentoring), I've learned a tremendous amount, and what I thought was just a lark has turned into a hobby that I hope to maintain for the rest of my life. Cheers to everyone here at the CABE for being so welcoming, and for being so damn knowledgeable!

thumbnail_IMG_9030.jpg

Back