When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rollfast?

-
I like your bike. You did a great job on the wheels, in the pictures they look brand new. That patina look is an acquired taste, it is a nice bike and I think it’s a keeper. You said it rides nice and at the end of the day that is what is most important. Keeper!
Thank you very much for the compliment. I like it too and going to keep it. I’m not a very athletic looking Lance Armstrong and wasn’t sure if people would think I were an enthusiast riding that thru the park or if I were some vagrant on a bike I found in a dumpster lol!!! I was surprised how those wheels cleaned up with some 0000!!! I’m glad you noticed via the photograph!!!

One thing I need to check on is a clicking sound I hear every revolution on the crank. I’m reading I may have left the bearings too loose???
I am also wondering what I can do with that yellow seat. I have a sheat of black faux leather I can try to adhere as a cheap “reupholster job”. It looks to be a plastic surface and not sure if it is paintable.

Thank you very much for the compliment. I like it too and going to keep it. I’m not a very athletic looking Lance Armstrong and wasn’t sure if people would think I were an enthusiast riding that thru the park or if I were some vagrant on a bike I found in a dumpster lol!!! I was surprised how those wheels cleaned up with some 0000!!! I’m glad you noticed via the photograph!!!

One thing I need to check on is a clicking sound I hear every revolution on the crank. I’m reading I may have left the bearings too loose???
I am also wondering what I can do with that yellow seat. I have a sheat of black faux leather I can try to adhere as a cheap “reupholster job”. It looks to be a plastic surface and not sure if it is paintable.
So far this morning!!!!

E1D797F5-C709-4862-A100-56D7F019406D.jpeg

CDA587F3-0556-4CBE-89D3-58F2CEE24630.jpeg

A couple of updated pictures. Swapped out that yellow seat for one off a Schwinn and changed tires. I’ve got a wire front basket on the way!!!

QUESTION: Does the rust/patina for this particular bike provide a vintage look to it? Or does it simply look like a 50 year old bike off a scrap pile???

View attachment 1776430

View attachment 1776431

View attachment 1776432
I like the look of your bike as well. It doesn't look new, but it looks like someone put some effort and care into it. "Patina" is a nebulous concept, but your bike draws the eye.

Mechanically, I’m not that skilled. I would say take your bottom bracket apart and closely examine all the components. As far as the faux leather on your seat, keep us posted. I’m interested to see how it turns out. You’re obviously more skilled than I. Thanks for sharing your bike with us (me).

Mechanically, I’m not that skilled. I would say take your bottom bracket apart and closely examine all the components. As far as the faux leather on your seat, keep us posted. I’m interested to see how it turns out. You’re obviously more skilled than I. Thanks for sharing your bike with us (me).
That’s exactly what I did this morning and found a couple of bearings dropped out of the ring and I addressed that. The “clicking” was actually my crank arm hitting the frame. It seemed to have backed out of the bottom bracket. I am taking my time with that seat doing section at a time allowing one section to cure before tugging and stretching on another. I don’t know about whether I’m more skilled than anybody!!! This is a first for me and I’m learning as I go!!!! Seems to be coming along

67C2B2A1-2AF7-463A-AA39-D5D68C374EAB.jpeg

That is identical to my first bike. Burgundy with white detail 1955-56. i loved that thing. Mine was a little bike, probably a 24“ wheel. My older brother had the same bike in a larger size.

I like the look of your bike as well. It doesn't look new, but it looks like someone put some effort and care into it. "Patina" is a nebulous concept, but your bike draws the eye.
Yes... I understand the dynamic of patina and appreciate its desired effect. But at the same time I think it is only appropriate for certain bikes/items. There's a difference between something that is vintage vs. something that is simply old!!! What works on a 1932 Ford may not have the same effect on a 1982 Chrysler K car!!! From the reactions I've been getting, both on here as well as out riding, I think it's safe to say that my Rollfast might be leaning more toward a classic?!? I like the look and ride it like PeeWee Herman!!!!

Back