When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle manufacturers that also manufacture firearms.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi All,

Beaten to the BSA.

How about Manufrance?

Full title Manufacture Français d'Armes et Cycles (a bit of a give away). (-:

View attachment 1774201
The 'polishing shop', early 20th Century.

More history here, for those that don't read French, scroll down for the pictures...

A+, Adrian

PS, just because it's amazing, this is only one of the 'Offices' of Manufrance...
View attachment 1774203

It gives me an Indiana Jones Warehouse vibe...
Incredible photos, Manufrance always had many weapons in their incredibly extensive catalogues, always an interesting read....
Screenshot_20230124-141158_Chrome.jpg

...840 pages in the 1910 edition!

I don't believe so, however these companies all manufactured Springfield M1 carbines. Aside from Winchester, none of them were firearm manufacturers prior to this.

General Motors, Winchester, Irwin-Pedersen, Underwood Elliot Fisher, National Postal Meter, Quality Hardware Manufacturing Corp., International Business Machines, Standard Products, Rock-Ola Manufacturing Corporation, Commercial Controls Corporation.
Is there any evidence Winchester ever manufactured a single bicycle? Some may have been badged as such during the 1890's boom but I cannot find a single reference that the company physically built bicycles. The 20's - 30's Winchester badges are strange too; why do these badges deviate from the classically known Winchester "W" icon? Even when they sometimes used a deviant W they would still include their full name in their iconic font with the word trademark. Does anyone have a catalog, advertisement, or trade journal that mentions Winchester Arms Co. and bicycles? It is certainly possible during the 20's, when they were struggling to survive their WW1 over expansion, bicycles were bought and badged by the company. During their association with E.C. Simmons and Winchester's attempt to offer a full line of consumer goods there certainly must be a catalog that would show bicycles if they were sold under their brand name? Have we seen a single advertisement mentioning "Winchester Arms Co." and bicycles (not just the name Winchester)?

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.20.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 8.22.20 AM.png

Last edited:
Not too far off topic.... I saw this IJ bag on ebay a while ago and was of the opinion that it was in fact not a "holster" as the seller was stating but a conventional, albeit beautiful example, TOC bicycle bag.

While you certainly could place a revolver inside of it, though it does seem a bit thin for that, I do not believe it is specifically intended for firearm use.

What do you firearms and bicycle people think? And should we let him know he's asking too much for this bicycle bag?
Screenshot_20230128-171640_eBay.jpg

Back