When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jaguar and Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's pretty hard to tell what it is in the 1960 brochures, but it does look like the CEV.

Kramai88's 1960 Jaguar.

1674955769986.png

After viewing a few 1960 examples the majority seem to have the Road Liter and some have the top black switch. They also have a more pronounced eyebrow than the CEV. There may have been a slight overlap on these accessories like the Mesinger three rivet change to the two rivet seats between the 61 and 62 models. One strange overlap or change I came across was the Mayweg front carriers. Some of the 1958 Jags and Corvettes that had shown up every once in while had the new 1959 dual hinge Mayweg. I found out that the owners were not changing them out when I came across a comic book ad for the 1958 Jaguar.

1958 Jag ad.jpg

Last edited:
Hummmm... Seeing that, yes it does look like CEV's were used for '60. But then again, maybe they used both until their supplies of the CEV's ran out. Schwinn used to be fuzzy in these areas (?) as far as what lights were used in between '59 and '60, as these could just be reprints of the '59 pics for 1960 as they did not feel like paying their graphic artists to touch up the artwork to reflect the change, and that the kids/ and or their parents were too dumb to know the differences in between the different lights or did not care.

Hummmm... Seeing that, yes it does look like CEV's were used for '60. But then again, maybe they used both until their supplies of the CEV's ran out. Schwinn used to be fuzzy in these areas (?) as far as what lights were used in between '59 and '60, as these could just be reprints of the '59 pics for 1960 as they did not feel like paying their graphic artists to touch up the artwork to reflect the change, and that the kids/ and or their parents were too dumb to know the differences in between the different lights or did not care.

There definitely were many lap over parts all thru Schwinn's production. Every day a new one seems to pop up here on the Cabe. The latest one i've seen was on the 1964 Varsity where it had the 1963 freewheel, not the Sprint stamped freewheel. The serial was F4 and the owner had Schwinn verification of the 63 piece being used on the earlier 1964's.

As seen in automotive literature, sometimes the same previous year's artwork and even pictures were used instead of new images. Mostly because the new images were not available at time of print. So beware, further research may be needed.

There are differences of the front fork detail from 1959 to 1961. The 1959's have the long hand painted full length fork pin striping. The 1960 models had this feature yet. The 1961 models have the short fork "dart" pinstripe design which was new for that year. Also, the 1959's have the large metal headtube badges with color coordinated letters on them. Starting in mid 1960, they went to the now famous plastic "starburst" badges which I believe were used on their deluxe middleweight models to (I think) early 1964, when they reverted back to a small metal badge.

Last edited:
Thank you Schwinndemonium. You follow you, and always enjoy your delivery and info.

Back