When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell... 1/29/23

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
... Picked up this late 70's Stingray because it matches my coupe ... 😎👍 ...

thumbnail (1).jpg

20180501_163927.jpg

Working on a November '70 Cotton Picker Bobby U picked and sent my way. It's a nice example/repaint/ decals that has mostly original parts and a correct ( thanks to Bob's help) recovered seat. I'm going with repop tires contrary to my usual OG equipment on the majority of my Krate line up. It's a resto, so I'm lowering the bar$$.

This completes the Apple, Orange, Lemon, Pea, Grey, and Cotton set. If the Spring comes, maybe I'll get them all out for a group outside shot ( have 4 in an outside pic you've all seen). My ( Ghost resto, ALL original Pea, Lemon, Orange) nicest are in the basement Man Cave ( as is the Cotton as I work on it/Apple in Garage) which is jammed to the hilt. The Cotton will go to the Garage ( Man Cave 2) when complete due to space limitations. I have 20 bikes in the Man Cave right now with Cotton. I know, that's laughably few compared to "real" Cabe ( Cave?) Men?

My stairs are like firehouse angle so it's always a chore bringing 'em in, and taking 'em out, but an outside shot is best. I just hung the shirts there for background. The "Steve"white one is an original shop shirt that Bad Bob sold me years back.

Also some more '63 Corvette stuff. ( reasons for this '63 facination will be obvious come April) Kinsmart 1/36 scale model foursome sit on the juke box due to lack of shelf space. A friend gave me this unique book on Corvette detailing this week. Most of you have seen my '61. I bought a '63 original literature piece. Coker tire via Fed Ex dropped some sweet red line tires off this week. UPS some Sting Ray floor matts.

Now, show and tell the weather, it's new. It's -21F here today. For those of you in warm temps, look at my Honda. Yes, plugged in and it's not an electric car. That's a Block heater and battery charger. My old relic '05 Chev Venture van is also plugged in and ready to go. I think I'll leave the '03 Honda sit and get warm. Ha!

View attachment 1777313
More pictures of the pre-57 Metropolitan convertible please! My first car was a blue and white '60.

This arrived this week. One of the 1935 cycleplane frames I got from Classicriders here. I couldn't resist this
one. I have never come across a 16 inch version of a 35 DD Just had to grab it and will
bring it back to life.

16 in DD frame.jpeg

Last edited:
While visiting with my Mom recently, we attended an snow sculpture event at our local ski resort, The Great Bear, So.Dakota.
Photographed some VANS that'd been rode hella hard!
Built a set of wheels for the Fox MotoX Graco bmx utilizing 42mm wide STRANGER CRUX rims to better match the vinatage RM125 as a clone.
Finally found an ideal licenses plate intended for my folk art whip riffling through my deceased stepfathers junk, and serendipitously, this "key chain" license plate is the year i was born and the county I grew up in...Rad!
Recently shot some @OKCSODACO product placement photos at an indoor sk8 park, whereas the lighting sucked hard. The plan is to do another shoot with some bmx'ers at the Hoffman Action Sports park with natural lighting. Furthermore, I'm prototyping some FIRE action shots for the steel handrails and concrete pools. Ain't having any fun til someone dials 911.

Cheers~
View attachment 1777450

View attachment 1777451

View attachment 1777452

View attachment 1777453

View attachment 1777454

View attachment 1777463

View attachment 1777465

View attachment 1777469

View attachment 1777470
So funny to see the 420 out in South Dakota! The brewery is right around the corner from my place. A buddy of mine was their first outside salesman. We called him the "Beer Pimp". It was brilliant. His job was to roll around ATL to all the house parties with a trunk full of beer and just pass it out. He did this for a coupe of years. I think their big break was locking down the festival scene after they built a number of tap trucks out of old box trucks. Made it easy to roll up and start pouring. Bonaroo anyone?? I guess it caught on as they sold for $300 million in 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back