When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored Vs OG Resto's look better

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There are different levels of restoration, 100% period correct full, partial, and freshen up. You don't have to break the bank on a bike thats totally wrong. There is no law on how a bike has to be restored. People have opinions that vary greatly, and none of them are necessarily 100% right. Someone else might now like it, but there is always someone who thinks they are better, and fast to cut down your work, who cares. The best feeling is being happy with what you have built yourself, whether it be a 10,000.00 job or 20.00 spray can job. Walmart bikes are all alike, using the logic here if you buy one from there it's 100% correct even though their level is different than bike shop level.

Last edited:
Where is the fun in a bike just like everyone else's? If you don't give a bike a personal touch, it's just taking someone else's creation and making it yours.
Obviously you’re in favor of customs and can’t understand how many of us appreciate an original bike whose patina tells its own story. A well executed restoration captures what the bike looked like new and many times are works of art in their own right.

Obviously you’re in favor of customs and can’t understand how many of us appreciate an original bike whose patina tells its own story. A well executed restoration captures what the bike looked like new and many times are works of art in their own right.
My friend Jim was curator of the Schwinn museum who I learned from and I have been around as long as most in this hobby and longer than many. I know exactly what the difference is. I favor creative personality things people create with their hands. I love nice originals as much as anyone, but appreciate variety much more. I also don't look down on a persons work that doesn't fit into the mold many are trying to push so hard.

My friend Jim was curator of the Schwinn museum who I learned from and I have been around as long as most in this hobby and longer than many. I know exactly what the difference is. I favor creative personality things people create with their hands. I love nice originals as much as anyone, but appreciate variety much more.
And that’s why there are different flavors of ice cream!

Back