When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A picture speaks a thousand words Lets see your vintage mountainbikes.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
'91 Rocky Mountain Equipe

p5pb12744709.jpg

p5pb15947719.jpg

Is titanal an aluminum alloy? Too bad about the manitou but cracked is more common than not as you know!

Is titanal an aluminum alloy? Too bad about the manitou but cracked is more common than not as you know!

On the Titanal, there's a couple of articles on it out there on the web. But basically it was flat sheet that was rolled & welded along the seam. Then it couldn't be welded, so was attached by lugs. On some frames the welded seam failed & it looked like it exploded from the inside- out.

I have 3 different Manitou F/S frames & 1 Hardtail. All cracked.

Wow, good eyes, wheres crack?
Ha! I didn’t need to see it- I’ve only seen two for sale the last ten years that didn’t have a crack- usually at the head tube but can be anywhere. I’ve been looking for one for a while now. I don’t have a lot of room for bikes so I’m focusing on high bikes and leaning toward Colorado built or based and manitou is local to me-

Back