When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does anyone happen to know if other manufacturers truss rods will fit a DX? I mean without bending/cutting/torching/stretching/mutilating? I can't seem to find any of Schwinn rods, thought maybe I'd look elsewhere.
I bought a 41 cantilever Schwinn this summer with the truss rods fork that were missing, so I found an old grounding rod i cut to length and made up my own truss rods. Not to difficult if I do say so myself. Good luck..

Does anyone happen to know if other manufacturers truss rods will fit a DX? I mean without bending/cutting/torching/stretching/mutilating? I can't seem to find any of Schwinn rods, thought maybe I'd look elsewhere.
1946 takes

7E32FA8F-9D3C-4CEB-9646-15AE205088E7.jpeg

7B68FBB9-714B-4D8A-B1CF-8A78E6E43FFF.jpeg

65CF1885-244D-45AC-952C-40EBE5469CF4.jpeg
the standard truss rods.. post war.. should be pretty common.. I may have some if you are still looking..

1946 takes

View attachment 1780318

View attachment 1780319

View attachment 1780320the standard truss rods.. post war.. should be pretty common.. I may have some if you are still looking..
There are 2 types of post war truss rods. The older style is 3/8 inch tubes the entire way, then the later style that is still reproduced were 3/8 at the bracket and increase to 1/2 inch tubes. The first type are harder to come by and that is whet is required for a '46. You are showing the correct type in your photos.

There are 2 types of post war truss rods. The older style is 3/8 inch tubes the entire way, then the later style that is still reproduced were 3/8 at the bracket and increase to 1/2 inch tubes. The first type are harder to come by and that is whet is required for a '46. You are showing the correct type in your photos.
So besides the increased diameter was there a difference in length as well? Will the reproduced version then not fit my '46?

Back