When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

St. Christopher Head Tube Medal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tim the Skid

Skidding on my '41 Schwinn Autocycle
I stopped by an old friend's house for a visit today. and he gave me this St, Christopher/Our Lady of the Highway headtube medallion. I've seen the side by side versions, but this is the first winged version I have seen.
IMG_4715 (2).JPG

IMG_4717 (2).JPG

I dig the St Christopher medals. I saw this one (looks the same as Tim’s) at a swap meet last April. When I pulled it out of the seller’s case and asked how much, he said “Oh wait, that wasn’t suppose to be in there. That’s not for sale”. He wouldn’t let it go no matter what I offered. I tried.

AF365AAF-D549-4E32-8487-B67484BF68E5.jpeg

Sometimes I find these accessories when not really looking for them; I am thinking that they might look best on vintage diamond frames, or black bikes.

Why isnt he a saint anymore
Love that badge! I understand that Christopher is still a saint but he was removed from the liturgical calendar in 1969 because it had grown too crowded (lots of saints). He was demoted in this way along with other saints whose histories are based more on tradition than on fact. Personally, I'll accept blessings wherever they come from. I need all the help I can get.

@AndyA You are correct!
Christopher is no longer a saint because of this absence of verifiable reality that Saint Christopher’s banquet day, July 25th, is not generally respected in the Roman schedule. This created some turmoil among Catholics in 1969, and numerous however that this implied St. Christopher was not generally viewed as a holy person.

Back