When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

=☆ DX thread ??☆=

-
The prewar truss is shorter than a post war truss. A small diameter truss was used until 1948 I believe. So 1945-1948 small diameter is longer and can be sourced from either a mens or woman’s bike. I measured my 40 from the axle to the top of the top bearings thumb nut and it was 21” did the same on my 48 and it was 21 7/8”. If you’re using a blade style front forks you should be able to make the longer narrow truss work on a prewar. If you’re using the tubular fork with the truss arms then you’ll need the correct set.

image.jpg

The prewar truss is shorter than a post war truss. A small diameter truss was used until 1948 I believe. So 1945-1948 small diameter is longer and can be sourced from either a mens or woman’s bike. I measured my 40 from the axle to the top of the top bearings thumb nut and it was 21” did the same on my 48 and it was 21 7/8”. If you’re using a blade style front forks you should be able to make the longer narrow truss work on a prewar. If you’re using the tubular fork with the truss arms then you’ll need the correct set.

View attachment 1780432

Truss rods for a locking fork are longer than ones for a non locking fork also.

Last edited:
Back