When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just picked up today 1957 Schwinn hornet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
... Here's a pic of the '57 Hornet that I bought from the original owner for reference ... The '57 Deluxe models did come with chrome rims ...

View attachment 1595486

Nice bikes all!

Rollo, are they S-2s? or is it just the tires that look beefy?

Cleaning out some things here and looking at pictures of mine its just a project I'm not going to get to. Its a 57 or 58, I'm going to have to go up in the loft to see and drag it down. Mine has a painted rim on the back and chrome on the front. Its pretty rough, I can make out "Hornet" on the chain guard but no graphic hornet after it. Its not a deluxe model and the tank is gone. Not sure how to sell this, any value in these frames or fenders?

Nice bikes all!

Rollo, are they S-2s? or is it just the tires that look beefy?

Cleaning out some things here and looking at pictures of mine its just a project I'm not going to get to. Its a 57 or 58, I'm going to have to go up in the loft to see and drag it down. Mine has a painted rim on the back and chrome on the front. Its pretty rough, I can make out "Hornet" on the chain guard but no graphic hornet after it. Its not a deluxe model and the tank is gone. Not sure how to sell this, any value in these frames or fenders?
... If you get some 26x2x1 3/4" tires for your S-7 rims they will fill out the fenders and give you that "beefy" balloon tire look ...

I like the flipped bars as well. I also run my stems down all the way, as well as the seat post. I have been known to take the guts out of the seat and drill a hole right through the seat post tube and mount the seat directly to it. Gets about another 1 1/2 "s lower. Nice bike you have.
I do the same, mainly because im only 5-10 but i prefer my bars and seat as low as i can get them. I like the look but also fits my body better.
Oddly enough i get alot of static for the slammed seat/stem thing...

Got to throw in my 58 Deluxe, did come with chrome S7 rims but added more HD S7's, seat, bars/neck and 2.0's for that beefier look!

Looks pretty legit for the most part. That Florida Green sure is a nice change from the old Coach Green.
Those 70's wheel reflectors sure don't help any though. As already said, the rear hub was added but it's a nice addition for cruising the hill sides. Here's what I see and not that big of a deal. The grips are 60's+ and the seat post clamp is a later piece that came out in 1959 I believe. Great looking piece and it should clean up pretty easy and look like a million. 👍
What year did the Florida green color start?

In 1957, the Hornet had the painted rims and bullet head light. The Deluxe Hornet had chrome rims, a springer fork, and the Delta Rocket Ray headlight.

Back