When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Approved Aluminum Handlebar stem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

angidoc

'Lil Knee Scuffer
looking for a Aluminum Schwinn Approved Handlebar stem for a 1968 Schwinn Collegiate 5 speed

I'm pretty sure the 1968 Collegiate came with both standard handlebars and drop (racing) handlebars, each requiring a different stem. Which set of handlebars do you have? In either case I have both stems. These are from 1960's Varsity bikes, so they should be fine.

IMG_1096[1].JPG

I'm pretty sure the 1968 Collegiate came with both standard handlebars and drop (racing) handlebars, each requiring a different stem. Which set of handlebars do you have? In either case I have both stems. These are from 1960's Varsity bikes, so they should be fine.

View attachment 1778019
Any stem with the square embossed (forged) HT (height) mark is a smaller diameter stem designed to fit into a thicker fork steerer tube. I believe 1965 (I could be wrong on year) is when the stem sizes changed.

John

Sad, but so very true. So many great bikes get parted out because they are worth so much more parted out. So it goes.

Back